Marker for the Magill Family Cemetary (south of Burnett), a small pioneer family who has roots to the Battle of San Jacinto. . .
The Dobyville Cemetary in Burnett. . .
. . .a marker for the Texas Bankers Association in Lampasas recounting the history of the largest State Bankers Association in the United States. . .
. . .a marker for the Horrell-Higgins Feud and the battle that occured here. . .
. . .another marker in Lampasas, this one for a Gunfight at the Lampasas Saloon between the State Police and the Horrell Brothers. . .
. . .this is a marker commemorating the “First State meeting of the Daughters of the Republic of Texas”, which occured here in Lampasas in 1892. . .
. . .this marker speaks of the history of the Lampasas County Courthouse, completed in 1884. . .
. . .Lampasas County Courthouse from the street. . .
. . .the official state marker for Lampasas County and it's history. . .
. . .a marker for Hanna Springs, a famous health spa and resort of Early Lampasas located four blocks northeast of the courthouse. . .
. . .marker for the Lampasas Sante Fe Depot, an early day center for news and social life. . .
. . .depot from the street, currently housing the Lampasas Chamber of Commerce. . .
. . .marker on the Keystone Hotel in Lampasas, an early day stagecoach inn. . .
. . .from the street. . .
. . .also in Lampasas, Cenetary College Preparatory School was the area's first coeducational college. First founded in 1883 by the local Methodist Episcopal Church on the centennial of the organization of Methodism in the United States. . .
. . .a graffitied marker for Lampasas County. . .
. . .10 miles north of Lampasas, the birthplace of Stanley Walker, a noted Texas jounalist and editor. . .
. . .in Adamsville, the John Patterson House. He was the first man to cultivate land in the county back in 1854. . .
. . .a marker for the town of Evant, Texas. Originally called Langford Cove, this town was first settled in 1855 by Asa Langford and his family. . .
. . .the Hamilton County Courthouse. Before this limestone building was constructed in 1887, the county government was housed in stores, a school, a stable, and a saloon. Fire burned down two of those improvised courthouses, and later, the first permanent one in 1886.
. . .the official marker. . .
. . .on the grounds of the Hamilton County Courthouse, a historical marker for Elise Waerenskjold -- an early promoter of Norweigian Emigration to Texas. . .
. . .also on the grounds of the Hamilton County Courthouse -- a marker for Ann Whitney, a teacher who protected the children from an indian attack. . .
. . .the official state marker, 5 blocks north at the cemetary. . .
. . .a marker for the history of Hamilton County. . .
. . .in Olin, this church was founded in 1879, and later moved to this site after 1899. . .
. . .view from the Olin Baptist Church. . .
. . .the Somervell County Courthouse in Glen Rose. . .
. . .the official historical marker on the courthouse grounds. . .
. . .a marker for the dinosaur tracks found in the area around 1910. . .
. . .this Acrocanthosaurus track has been moved to the Somervell County museum for display after being found during the construction of the nearby Comanche Peak Nuclear Power Plant. . .
. . .the Hopewell Post Office, relocated to the site of the museum. . .
. . .the Glen Rose, Texas water tower. . .
. . .a marker on the Campbell Building in Glen Rose. . .
. . .from the street. . .
. . .in Glen Rose, a marker speaking of the Squaw Creek Indian Fight which occured here in the 1860s.